How to write code for post function

wahid shaikh September 17, 2012

1. A global transition (Build JS) added by me in workflow.

2. I have configured a screen having two custom fields with above transition as given below

i) Field one

ii) Field two

On this screen I can see a button called (Build JS)

Now what I want here is after entering the fields detail when user click on Build JS button some piece of javascript code to be executed based on the values of those field.

Please let me know the step by step process to have this working as I am very new to JIRA, so please consider me a baby boy for explaining the things.

I know there is a post-function we can attaché, but when I go to post-function attaché screen I m not able to find a place to write down the code.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Hi dude,

You can use a groovy script during your transition.

With Groovy, you are able to get your field values and to write code (java) to execute what you want.

Otherwise you can write javascript into the description area of your fields, but it is not advised.

What do you wanna do with your fields ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

You can't do either of the above in OnDemand.

Suggest an answer