How to write a query in JCL for Notes entries being not null and the how to query Structure field

eric johnson September 7, 2018

issuetype = EPIC AND Structure is not EMPTY - is this valid?

How to tell what is the datatype being requested? 

2 answers

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Hi Eric,

I assume you're using Structure app? To query issues that are in a structure you can use structure() function:

issuetype = Epic and issue in structure('My Structure Name')

You can also use S-JQL inside structure() function to make more elaborate queries – see S-JQL documentation.

As for the Notes entries – if you mean the additional "Notes" column in Structure, it's not yet possible to query by it in JQL. As a kind of a workaround, one can sort by Notes by clicking the column header when viewing it on the Structure Board, and find the non-empty or needed values. We're working on extending this into searchable JQL function.

Hope this helps!

Igor

Wojciech Krzyzak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Hello Igor,
Has the feature to search by Notes column in a structure has been added yet?
What's the syntax to refer to it?

Thanks!
Wojciech

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2018

Hello Eric,

Although it is really hard to understand your question, the JQL is valid.

is NOT EMPTY means that there is an indexed value for the field. So it is not null, but can be blank string if indexed so. 

Suggest an answer