How to write a JQL to show date when issue status CHANGED FROM "X" TO "Z"

I know that the following JQL :

status CHANGED FROM "X" to "Z" AND status = "Z" 

gives me all issues i currently need for my report.

However i would like to show the specific date the status changed from X to Z.

In my query result i get 'created date' and 'updated date' but those dates differ from the date the status changed.

Anyone can assist?

Thx!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

Hi Eric,

you can't get this date with JQL.

If you want to have this for future issues, you can add a custom field to your project and fill this custom field with the current date in a workflow post function of the status change from X to Z. So the date is persisted and you can query it.

This sounds like a option worth a try....thx!

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

As Thomas as mentioned about using post-functions for populating date fields. Similary for all the issues upto now in your JIRA instance if you want to display the transition date then just add the "Scripted field" from the "Script runner" add=on. This will show the date of the transition from older issues as well in the futre issues and this field can be displayed in the issue navigator of the search result.

Where can i find the "Scripted field" from the "Script runner" ?

Available in Jira Cloud?

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

Scriptrunner is a paid plugin for Jira. If you didn't buy it, you won't see the field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

84 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you