How to view the list of tasks assigned to me but also linked sub-tasks assigned to me or to my team?

Alex Gbaguidi November 21, 2019

Hi Everyone, 

When I look at my board i only see tasks and sub-tasks assigned to me.

If a sub-task linked to my task is assigned to someone else, I cannot see it in my view.

Can you please help me find the best JQL query or JIRA app (plug-in) to solve this problem please ? Maybe some there is an article on this forum already existing.

Thanks

tasks-illustration.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

Hi Alex Gbaguidi,

I'm not sure if I've underestand you properly.

First, note that in a board, Quick Filters are not able to display new issues not matching the JQL filter of the board itself. Simply will hide issues not having the desired criteria.

In addition, you cannot dynamically search for subtask or other kind of linked issues created on issues assigned to you, you must go for a third-party app. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack (FREE) you can search for issues assigned to you or any linked issues regardless of the assigne by using the following query within the Advance Search feature:

assignee = currentUser () OR issue IN linkedIssuesOf("assignee = currentUser ()")

Does it help you with your problem?

Regards

Suggest an answer