How to view JIRA configurations after the trial period has expired?

Marcel_R__Ackermann January 2, 2012

Hi.

Some months ago we installed a JIRA trial version to assess the system (on, say, Server A). I did some extensive testing with different configurations, workflows, etc.

Now, we finally have a new, clean (fully licensed) installation of JIRA running an a different server (say, Server B) and I am about to configure workflows, etc. from scratch. However, from time to time, I'd like to peek into the configurations I made on our testing installation on Server A. Yet, since the trial license has expired some weeks ago, my web browser won't recieve answers from Server A anymore.

My question is: Is there any way to look into the configurations of an expired JIRA system (maybe by looking into the file system)? Just to be clear: I do not want to export the configuration of Server A to Server B, I rather want to consult the older configurations, workflows, etc. when building a new one.

Many thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2012

Marcel, just go to my.atlassian.com and generate a new evaluation license. That should be able to get you through as you configure a new server up

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2012

Your full license entitles you to a developer license. I'd use that to get the old system running again - as long as you don't use it as a real service, that's fine.

Suggest an answer