How to use option id in transition conditions

Guy Taubin - Daze December 29, 2019

Hi'

I am trying to use a workflow transition condition set to OptionID (I took the the ID of the field value from "SelectedValue="  and yet nothing is working. I tried doing it with a String comparison but still nothing.

any thoughts?

thank you

Guy  

2 answers

2 votes
Neetu Verma April 7, 2021

HI, 
I have a similar workflow where component drives custom field values. 

Component= Test 1, Custom Field 1 must be valued.

Component = Test2, Custom Field 2 must be valued

And if Component has Test1, and Test 2 then custom fields 1, 2 must be valued. 

I can get these rules to work individually, but cant get it to work when the component has both values Test 1 and Test 2

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2019

Hello,

Field id and option id are two different things. Can you give a little more detail about how you are trying to achieve this? Are you writing a script or using a built in one? 

Regards,

Elifcan

Guy Taubin - Daze December 30, 2019

Hey Elifcan, thank you for the response

I'll explain the scenario itself

There is a field called: "Was it paid?"
The field has 2 value options: Yes/No
There are 2 potential statuses an issue should transition to based on the field.
"Please Pay"/"Already Paid"

I implemented a condition that checks the value of that field.
If the value is Yes you see the transition to 1 status, if the value is No you see the transition to the other status.
This is basically what I can't get to work  

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2019

Hey,

Thank you for the details. Did you try using value field condition for this?

Selection_415.pngYou need to add yes option for "Already Paid" transition and no option for "Please Pay" transition. So basically you need to add two different conditions on these two different transitions.

Hope this makes sense,

elifcan

Suggest an answer