How to use javascript to set security level

tpham August 15, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set the security level by using the name of the level. However, I can only find this info

AJS.$("#security").val("10500")

where 10500 is the ID of the level. I don't want this, I want to set the value by using the name of the level (e.g. Inhouse Level). I tried

AJS.$("#security").val(" Inhouse Level ")

But it doesn't work. Please help.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Well, id is what should go in the field and so you will have to set it. Maybe you can iterate on the options and find the option value using text before you set it in the security field.

Having said that, id is the safe bet because it will remain the same even if you change the security level name later. Id will change only if you delete the security level and recreate it.

tpham August 15, 2012

Sorry, I should explain this clearer. What I am doing is I have another script to identify current user's group and based on that set the level to be exactly as the group (e.g. FFX group will have FFX level)

How can I iterate through options in Security field using AJS please?

tpham August 15, 2012

I tried something like this

<script type="text/javascript">

for (i = 0; i < AJS.$("#security").length; i++) {

if (AJS.$("#security")[i].text = "FFX") {

alert(AJS.$("#security")[i].value);

}

}

</script>

But it seems it still output the current selected value instead of the real value of FFX level.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Shouldn't you use == during String compare? You can also iterate using jquery:

AJS.$("#security > option").each(function(){
// Do the rest

});
tpham August 15, 2012

Thanks for the helps. Have got this working

Suggest an answer