How to use a default JIRA workflow?

Benjamin Rosen May 20, 2019

Hi, 

I'm trying to use a default workflow on my project. I went to JIRA Settings > JIRA Issues > Workflows. All of the the workflows seem to be modified workflows from previous projects such as "Software Simplified Workflow for Project Whatever".

I would like to use one of the default workflows that came with JIRA such as "Software Simplified Workflow", but cannot find any such unmodified ones. I even tried to create a new workflow and workflow scheme but it also just allowed me to use previously modified ones or create my own. Please let me know if you have any tips.

Many thanks! 

1 answer

2 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Hello @Benjamin Rosen ,

Go on workflows again, and you will noticed that the first workflows displayed are the ones who are active, and used by another projects. 

If you scroll down you will find the >Inactive workflows and if you click on it, it will display all the inactive workflows ( and copy of them if you have) and the first one is the one you need, the default workflow scheme.

inactive.png

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Also I suggest you to copy it, renamed it after your project and leave the one by default as it is.

Good luck ! :) 

Benjamin Rosen May 22, 2019

Thank you! 

Like elenushhh likes this
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2019

You're welcome :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events