Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to use Jira when questions come up or additional info is needed

Hi,

we often have the problem that we need additional information for tickets in order to continue or to set them to confirmed. Using @name is great but if the addressed person is not responding it is hard to search for such questions that have no answer yet.

I was wondering if there is a plugin or a way using a custom field to reach the followin goal:

• ask a question to a specific person
  • do not change the current assignee
  • do not change the current state
  • allow to search for such issues and to mark them as "answered" somehow or removing the flag again

More or less a "Needs Info" state in parallel to the workflow. I want to avoid an additional state as this messes up the workflow when it comes to getting back to the originl state. If there is a possibility to change the state in a way that the only transition back is the previous state (without connecting a copy to each state), this might be a workaround, too.

best regards,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez Community Leader Aug 21, 2022

Hello @seiler_thomas ,

Were you able to find an answer to this question? What I've done in the past is create a custom field and I name it "Flagged". That field has several options to choose, like "need more info". I set automation using Automation for Jira to look for changes in that field, based on the option selected for that field, it triggers certain actions like email or tagging a certain person. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer