How to use Jira project for tasks that require checklists?

Megan Leatherman March 18, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an issue tracker for our employees' leave management (e.g., maternity leave), and administering leaves requires multiple steps, all of which live on a checklist that the team has been using. Since we're using the OnDemand version, it doesn't look like we can get the App that auto-populates subtasks for each of those checklist items. Does anyone have any creative ideas for how to get each task into Jira without having the user manually create them? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Megan

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

I'm not sure I get the whole picture, but maybe you can use the JIRA REST API to achieve that.

Can you give more details about that "App"?

Megan Leatherman March 18, 2014

Hi Boris,

I found this app yesterday (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.hascode.plugin.jira-quick-subtasks), but it's not available for OnDemand users. I'm not sure what a JIRA REST API is, so not sure if that would help...basically, the ideal solution would be for an issue to auto populate with sub-tasks depending on what the issue type would be. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Suggest an answer