How to use CLI to clone a project from JIRA Test to JIRA Prod.

Michael Furey August 5, 2021

I created a new project on our JIRA test server and now I need to migrate it with everything to our production JIRA. I can see how to use CLI to clone a project on the SAME server but don't see a parameter to specify a different server url. I could export it/import if that's possible. Don't need any of the test issues and the few users are active in both. If I should pursue another approach (ScriptRunner?) I am open to anything. Any direction is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Hi @Michael Furey  - You could use the run, and create type actions for projects such as using runFromComponentList to add components from the test to the production instance.  

acli -a runFromComponentList --server testJira --common "-a addComponent --component @component@ --project @project@ --server prodJira"

You might want to look at Configuration Manager for Jira.  It's built for copying project configurations from one instance to another.

Michael Furey August 9, 2021

Thanks so much Michael for  your quick reply! I am going to give it a try.

Michael Furey August 9, 2021

Was also looking at Deep Clone for JIRA but it only works on Cloud.

Also scriptrunner but there's a learning curve. Thanks again

Suggest an answer