How to use Assignee with users without account

Deleted user June 7, 2017

Hi,

For one of the projects I'm working on Jira is used as a bug-tracking application. However, not everyone can be given a account. 

I've used the label-field so far as an alternative for the "Assignee"-field. But as we are adding more and more bugs this becomes less managable because labels are also used for other stuff. Which makes it less easily visible to see who's currently responsable for which bug.

Is there a somewhat more elegant way around this (except obviously for creating more accounts)

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

I think the service desk has a field for the customer. But the Assignee has to be a JIRA user. The assignee is the person working on the issue, or is supposed to be, so it would need to be a JIRA user. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Your assignee must be a user.

As Joe says, JSD allows for another type of user, the "customer", but for JIRA to work properly, your assignee must be a user.

The only "elegant" solution is for you to use it properly, and grant accounts to those who actually need them, either as JIRA users, or JSD customers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events