How to use API to query ALL issues in ALL sprints for a certain board

Daniel Brownfield September 20, 2017

I am trying to create a report that shows the issues that were brought into every sprint tied a specific board.  The API structure right now only lets me search for 1 sprint to get its issues, but I would like to search for a board and get all of the sprints AND all of the issues within each sprint.

Right now I can bring in all sprints for board using this request:

/rest/agile/1.0/board/447/sprint

And if I want to get all issues for a sprint, I have to search a specific sprint:

/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/issue  

I would have to create a separate request for each sprintid but we have multiple teams each with dozens of sprints, so that option is not preferred.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

Hi Daniel

You need to use code to control these calls (I've used Excel's VBA in the past and now use C#, but any programming language will do). 

So your code would issue the call to get all the sprints, then loop round the results and issue a call for each sprint to get the list of issues.

The API was designed to be used in this way - if you aren't a programmer, I'm sure someone in your company can help you with this. Once the code is working, you can get your answers quickly and easily.

Suggest an answer