How to upload a JAR file of an add-on for cloud JIRA

When submitting an add-on to market place i noticed that for both server and cloud version the .jar file can be submitted.

The same .jar file can be used to test in server version

But when i try to upload the add-on as a jar file in cloud version, it does not accept it. 

1 answer

0 vote

You cannot upload a JAR file to the Atlassian Marketplace to be installed in Cloud instances. Only Atlassian Connect add-ons can be installed on Atlassian Cloud instances; they use descriptor files.

See: connect.atlassian.com

Hi Robert, So if I choose to upload just the .jar file, the marketplace will not allow the cloud instances to install the plugin?

That is correct. .jar files are built using Plugins 2. Atlassian Connect add-ons on the other hand can be installed in Cloud.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

157 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you