How to undo a solved / done ticket?

Elizabeth Guerra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2020

My team has a new Kanban board and 2 of our tickets were marked as solved by accident. 

I cannot see a way to mark anything as solved / done in the first place. 

Where can I mark these accidentally completed tickets as new?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

As @Monika Rani said you need to check your workflow for a transition from the done status that will CLEAR the resolution field. In some workflows it is the Reopen transition. If there isn't a transition that clears the resolution the JIRA admin needs to update the workflow

0 votes
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

Hi @Elizabeth Guerra 

If you are not able to change the status back from "Done" to "To-DO", It depends on your workflow. May be In your workflow there is no transition for this.

Please check your workflow for the same. 

0 votes
Sahin Kasap
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2022

I unintentionally clicked on "Done" button, and now I can't undo it. If this is not revertable, I must have been asked if I was sure to make it done. I can take it to another bucket but its name is still strikethrough 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

As I and @Monika Rani said above you need a workflow option from done to another status that also clears the resolution field

Rafael Nieves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 27, 2022

I think what would be more useful is explaining the process of creating a transition that actually clears the resolution field. I'm running into the same problem. I can traverse from "Done" to "To-DO" no problem. I don't see where I can change or clear the resolution field value from "Done" to "Not Done".

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

Suggest an answer