How to turn off or revert back to old JIRA interface

I am not a programmer but use JIRA to document and track my software change requests, bugs, etc.

I made the mistake of "trying out" the new interface.

I want to go back to the classic JIRA interface I know how to use.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Kate

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Kate,

In new versions of JIRA, the interface change is something that is not interchangeable with old versions in that sense. 

In light of that there are two things I would recommend:

1. Create a Suggestion on JAC for interface templates that can be interchanged
  2. Change what you can via the Configuring the Look and Feel of your JIRA Applications knowledge base article
  3. Use an add-on such as CUTE for JIRA to modify the interface

If you're using Cloud and you're referring to the new look:

1. Click on your user avatar in the bottom left
  2. Choose Turn off for now

Cheers,

Branden

Thank you Branden:

I appreciate your helpful suggestions. You made my day.

- Kate

. @Braden, what if i don't have that option any longer? I saw this option before but now when i click on user avatar that option is no longer there?

Oh, the usual reply: If you don't like Atlassian's decisions, just install an addon for thousands of dollars ... :-/

I tried to go there, and this has been disabled.

1. Click on your user avatar in the bottom left
  2. Choose Turn off for now

Why would you not be allowed to use the old UI, this is horrible, I am an Admin, and now I can't even find that functionality. 

Yes, it was always the intention to turn off the old interface on Cloud after a while.

Ugly new interface.  I am sorry to say this, but this is what I feel. Maybe it's just me...

No, it's not just you, there are plenty of people complaining.

Even I don't like it, and I'm an Atlassian fan.  It's not the layout for me, but that I don't have the options I actually use immediately available.  I should be able to click once and start typing a search (like the old UI).  I should have instant access to admin functions.  The page tree in Confluence should be there, not buried behind several clicks.  And so-on.

This is a bigger issue, they have made changes to the layout of the UI, I agree the 1-click and go is gone. Filtering has changes, searches has changed, entering Issues has changed, and now in the middle of projects people have to relearn JIRA. Complete waste of time to teams, lost productivity to projects. This was a complete fail as a rollout and should be documented. 

Chris Mealey I'm New Here Thursday

It's almost like I was driving a car that had control knobs for common things like volume, HVAC and hard buttons for lights and now I have to look away from the road for 30 seconds to use a touch screen to navigate 12 screens to turn off the heater... 

Been using this for over a week and that's the best analogy lol Feel like I'm going to crash - I had feedback from my users and they are frustrated as well...

Hi just tried the new interface and one of the main simple function is missing - when looking at issues, the actual issue I'm viewing isn't highlighted so have to always scroll back up to remember  which number I'm looking at - the old view always had it bolded or highlighted so I knew which one I was on and can continue moving down the list...

After the trial, doesn't have anywhere I can see to switch back or provide feedback.

Thanks

Unfortunately, Atlassian made the ugly new UI mandatory, and removed access to the nice, efficient old UI. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot