How to trigger a notification if issue not updated within a certain time frame

Matt Mace April 7, 2016

I want to send out notifications when bug issues have been latent for a specific amount of time. For example:

If BUG-001 was created on 04/06/2016 but has not been updated by 04/10/2016 then send a notification to the Assignee.

or

If BUG-001 has been "In Progress" for more than 4 days then send notification email.

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

You may want to look at the JIRA Subscriptions on which you can craft your own JQL (like Project = ABC and updated = startOfDay(-7)) and send that to whoever you want.

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/receiving-search-results-via-email-185729664.html

Matt Mace April 7, 2016

My intent is to eventually use subscriptions and I actually found a more specific way to specify the time interval; updated > "-7d" to check if an issue hasn't been updated in the past 7 days. Thank you for your reply though.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Glad to have helped in some way smile

Suggest an answer