How to track time from everhour to Jira's issues fields?

Jorge Garcia August 16, 2018

I work in a company in which we track the time spent in a task using everhour. We have integrated everhour with Jira, this way we can track the time directly on the issues screens. The problems occurs when we try to see of fast is evolving a story's progress, or how much completed is a story because the time tracked by everhour is not used by Jira. If we estimate tasks duration using everhour, Jira does not update its estimation. The only way we found is to manually estimate in both sides and manually log the work in Jira. We have also tried to write some code trying to communicate both platforms but we failed. Does someone have any information regarding this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Waclaw January 16, 2020

Hi Jorge,

We are happy to announce that we started moving into a b-sync direction! Please meet our new Jira app that has an estimate integration, time tracking integration is also planned in the future releases.

https://everhour.com/blog/welcome-a-new-jira-plugin/

Jorge Garcia January 26, 2020

Hi Waclaw!

The new Jira app meets perfectly our needs. Thanks!

Nevertheless, I would suggest to make the Everhour button a little bit more noticeable, maybe using the green color Everhour uses on its webpage, for example. It took me a while to notice where the button was. ^^

Everhour Project Billing

Save Cancel

Waclaw January 27, 2020

Thanks for the input!

Jochen Maes February 5, 2020

What is the timeframe for the time tracking feature in the jira cloud? 

Waclaw April 9, 2020

It is already there, you need to register with Everhour and then download our app from the Atlassian marketplace!

0 votes
Alexey Bondarenko November 1, 2018

I would also like this 2-way integration. I would lie to see the burn chars in Jira as well as the workload chart in Everhour. For software development both reports are important.

Suggest an answer