How to track amount of time spent in status

Hello!

My company is running Jira Cloud and we are trying to improve our reporting and metrics.

We are trying to determine:

1. How long each ticket has spent in each particular status 

2. Amount of times a ticket was sent to a particular status. (Not just the tickets currently in a particular status, but if a ticket has ever been in a certain status)

Essentially, we are hoping to understand how long a ticket is spending in Pull Request and also (separately) how many times a ticket has been reopened (per epic, per assignee, etc).

Is there a plugin or a report/query I haven't tried that can help with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Branden,

Thanks for your reply! While helpful in a way, the information I really gleamed from this is that there is currently no solution for Jira Cloud.

Both Time in Status and Jira Suites Utilities appear to be Jira Server only solutions. While Jira Charting plugin does come free and pre-installed on Jira Cloud, the documentation points out in step three that "(Optional) Install JIRA Suite Utilities Plugin, so that you can monitor each issue time in a status." I will continue to play with the Average Time in Status plugin, however I fear that it won't satisfy the particular needs of my organization and asks from leadership. 

Hope you have a great weekend,

Dana

@Dana GouldHi Dana, Hope you are doing great, I was looking for this same need and couldn't find any other solution.  Wanted to check with you if you were able to capture Time Spent in each Status in some way for Cloud Version.

Thanks,

Nik

Hi @Dana Gould! I'm in desperate need of exactly this. Did you finally find a solution? If yes - please share!    

@Dana Gould and @Steve Jones Please let me know as well. Thanks.

This is exactly the information we are after as well.

Key reason is that it would help to identify bottlenecks, and also the impact of improvements that we make to address these resource issues.

We achieved a similar report before by creating an app that would download this information from the Jira API and to a Mongo DB, and then another app would parse the DB to get the results as @Dana Gould has raised.

It would be nicie if there was a default way in Jira to get this information.

Hi Dana,

There is an add-on by OBSS called Time in Status that may be of assistance and you can create reports based on issue creation date. In addition you may also want to try the JIRA Suites Utilities in conjuction with the Average Time in Status gadget.

In addition there is another communities post that provides some hints other users have found when using the Average Time in Status gadget.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers!

Branden

Hi Branden,

Link to "JIRA Suites Utilities" is broken.

Thanks

Did you try "Time Reports" from "Prime Timesheet"?

There is a Cloud version and it seems to fit your needs.

Greetings.

Antonio.

I believe the Control chart would be able to tell you the time its spent on each status.  Is that what you are looking for in #1?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you