How to test Translations?

Brandon Fish December 6, 2019

We are migrating our Spanish-speaking users from an old on-prem Jira server to our cloud platform.  I am rebuilding their workflows from scratch and adding translations where allowed.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to test that the translations are appearing correctly.  I've tried changed my Atlassian settings to Spanish, creating another user with Spanish settings and changing my browser (Chrome).  No matter what I do, the Jira interface is entirely in English.

What's the best method to test translations?

I verified that Spanish is one of the installed languages.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brandon Fish December 10, 2019

Ultimately the issue was that I didn't wait long enough.  Sometime over the weekend my language settings finally kicked in over to Jira.  

Unfortunately the time required to switch languages is too long to make testing useful.  I've opted to add another (paid!) user using an email alias to allow me to switch back and forth.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2019

@Brandon Fish 

Did you try the steps in the following page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/translating-resolutions-priorities-statuses-and-issue-types-788726079.html

Also users can set their preferred language under their profile.

Best,

Fadoua

Brandon Fish December 10, 2019

My question was not about how to add translations, it was how to view/test them.

Suggest an answer