How to stop tickets with sub-bugs from being separated into a new section in the active sprint?

Louise Hitchings November 27, 2020

When creating sub-tasks or sub-bugs, instead of them appearing in the swimlanes with the rest of the tickets in the active sprint, the parents task is automatically put into a separate section with the sub-tasks / sub-bugs listed underneath, instead of them appearing in the existing swimlanes with the rest of the tickets.

I believe this must be a setting I can change, as I have another project where this isn't the case and any sub-tasks are kept in the same section with all the other tickets, however I can't seem to find the setting anywhere.

I've attached a screenshot where you can see I've created a sub-bug for a story but the story has been separated out from the rest of the tickets which are now in the section 'Other issues'.

Many thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 09.02.09.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

It sounds like your two boards have different settings for their swimlanes - have a look at the board settings -> swimlanes

I think you will find one board has swimlanes by story and the other has something else

Louise Hitchings November 27, 2020

Hey Nic,

That was it, thank you for your help! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events