How to show the key of the subtask in the subtask summary in the parent issue?

Hello,

In a parent issue where there a several subtasks, I really miss the key of the subtasks. I have to click them open to see which key it is about. I have altered this table through General COnfiguratin - Advanced Settings - jira.table.cols.subtasks, but I can't add the key because it doesn't accept the word id of key....

Is this possible or not (hard to find an answer) or can you maybe use Script Runner or something (and if so: what, how...?)

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Aha! issuekey works, but only when I deleted another one... triggered that because my Update-button didn't work, and with other option it gave an error in red.

Got to Administration / Advanced Settings

Key
jira.table.cols.subtasks
The columns to show when viewing sub-task issues in a table

Select the Values you want to get displayed.

Edit: We use: issuekey, issuetype, resolution, assignee, progress

Well yes I said that. So I know that and I did that..... As youc an read in my question...

Already have duedate, priority, issuetype, status, assignee, progress, customfield_10404

But as I said: I need the issue key. Don't know the "id-word" for that to fit into my line as mentioned above.....

Sorry, obviously I only had read the title. We use: issuekey, issuetype, resolution, assignee, progress

Issuekey is the one I needed

Fine and thanks for voting me up again ;)

Yeah, you did help me :-) and the -1 is a bit harsh, isn't it :-)

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Just to clarify for others...

Jira Administration System --> General Configuration --> Advanced Settings --> jira.table.cols.subtasks

Yes the above solution is a system level setting available only in Server.

It actually is available for Cloud!

Thanks for the additional clarification @Stephanie Latterman

For all German speaking members: 

Konfiguration "System" dann oben rechts der Button  "Erweiterte Einstellungen" und neben dem Wert "jira.table.cols.subtasks" auf den Stift klicken.

Hiermit wird die Nummer der Unteraufgabe auch in der Hauptaufgabe angezeigt.

Hi Vera, Jose

Check out our recently released Issue Matrix plug-in -- it will help displaying not just system fields but any custom field for sub-tasks or linked issues. It also allows for flexible configuration per issue type or project, it has variety or other visual improvements over the default visualization. See more on its functionality here: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ILV/Concept and let us know in case you need any support.

Thanks,

Peter T

Linked-Big.jpg

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

165 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you