How to show the contents of a source file in JIRA issues?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jeff, can you be more specific? Are you looking for a formatting rule for 'copy-and-paste' or how to connect a code repository such as svn or git to JIRA?

I'd like to be able to display the contents of a file from source control (specifically from Stash) directly in a JIRA issue. Bonus points for allowing the authenticated user in JIRA to directly modify the code and commit it back to source control.

The primary use case is for defining requirements using JBehave. Users want the requirements to display directly in JIRA so that developers can see them when writing code to meet the requirements, but the JBehave "code" itself should live in source control somewhere. I'd like the ability to display the contents, NOT just a link, within the JIRA interface. Ideally it would be a custom field that would allow the user to browse to the file in Stash, but if they had to manually enter (copy/paste) the file path, that would be acceptable as well.

After searching around and not finding anything, I created a JIRA issue on Atlassian's board requesting this feature.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43435

Sounds like a good way to get an answer - I have nothing else to offer. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

181 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you