How to show the contents of a source file in JIRA issues?

Jeff Dickerson May 18, 2015

3 answers

1 vote

After searching around and not finding anything, I created a JIRA issue on Atlassian's board requesting this feature.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43435

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

Sounds like a good way to get an answer - I have nothing else to offer. Good luck!

1 vote

I'd like to be able to display the contents of a file from source control (specifically from Stash) directly in a JIRA issue. Bonus points for allowing the authenticated user in JIRA to directly modify the code and commit it back to source control.

The primary use case is for defining requirements using JBehave. Users want the requirements to display directly in JIRA so that developers can see them when writing code to meet the requirements, but the JBehave "code" itself should live in source control somewhere. I'd like the ability to display the contents, NOT just a link, within the JIRA interface. Ideally it would be a custom field that would allow the user to browse to the file in Stash, but if they had to manually enter (copy/paste) the file path, that would be acceptable as well.

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

Hi Jeff, can you be more specific? Are you looking for a formatting rule for 'copy-and-paste' or how to connect a code repository such as svn or git to JIRA?

Suggest an answer