How to show the calculated start and end dates from Structure Gantt into a column?

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

I'm configuring Structure to use with my team and one field we'd like to have easily accessible is the start and finish dates that Structure can calculate from dependencies. I have not set a start and end date but let Structure do the calculations from the estimate. I've tried creating formulas but none of the field names such as GanttStartDate that I've seen mentioned in other questions here are working for me.

I am using Structure via the cloud version.

How do I expose the start and finish date from the Gantt chart in my columns?

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 5.09.12 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2022

Hi Janene,

Unfortunately this is not possible today.  The start and end dates are attributes calculated from the Gantt chart.

However if you look at our roadmap, you can see that Gantt attributes in Structure is at the top of the list.  I would expect this is something that you will be able to do by the close of Q2.

Cheers,
Nick [ALM Works]

Justin Schweiger April 10, 2023

Did this ever happen? It looks like it's been on the roadmap for the last 5 years. When will this be released?

Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2023

Hi Justin,

If you take a look at the roadmap link above you'll see that this is the second item on the list, which is not completed.  It took a bit to get to the top of the backlog, but I would expect it this year in Q3 or Q4.

Cheers,
Nick [Tempo/ALM Works]

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Hubbitus October 1, 2023

Hello, @Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_, now that page states "Gantt attributes in Structure — export Gantt schedule details as Structure attributes.✅". Does it mean that eventually happened? Could you please say version and point to the documentation?

I am also very interesting in filtering by "gantt start/end date". For example, I am looking for filters like "Issues planned for this week".

Becky March 15, 2024

Hi @Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_ I am also very interested in this Feature. I see the same thing as @Hubbitus did on the roadmap. Could you let us know if this feature ever gets released? Thank you!

Suggest an answer