How to share Epic Link between project A in project B

sc January 10, 2020

Dear all,

I have 2 project P1 and P2.

In project P1 I have issues for which I can select the Epic Link within project P1

In project P2 I have issues for which I can select the Epic Link withinh project P2

At this stage each issue of respectives project 1 and 2 refer to theire own Epics

Question :
Is there a way to be able to edit the Epic Link of project P1 and select from that list Epic from project P2 ?

how can I do this.

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Hi @sc ,

Epics can cross projects without any special configurations, you just need to have access to view/edit issues in both projects. If you are not seeing your P2 epics in the Epic Link field in P1 then I suspect there is a security setting preventing you from editing or viewing the issues in P2. If you do have access to both then you may not be seeing the full list of epics in the drop-down. try searching by the issue key.

-Scott

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2020

Hi @Scott Theus ,

I can see without problem issue and do not have security or permission issue. On issue of both project I can edit and create issue

My concerne is that when I edit the epic link only epuc from project are visible in drop down.

What do you mean by searching by issue key?

Do you mean i should type in epic link directly the name of the epuc if the other project ?

Thanks for your return and clarification. Capture might help

Regards

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Here are a couple of screen captures to help.

The issue key will start with the project key, followed by a number. So, in the example shown I am in the PMTEST project, on issue PMTEST-34 and the Epic in the Epic Link field is one of the epics within that project. To change it I type in the key for another project, PMTEST2, and I get a list of the epics that are in that project. 

Please let me know if this does not work for you, I'll look for another setting that could be preventing it. 

-Scott

BTW...sorry about the quality of the second image, I wanted to get the dropdown box and the only way to do it was to take a picture with my phone and email it to myself. 

sc January 13, 2020

Thanks for your reply but you forgot the image? :-)

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Epic1.JPGEpic2.JPGSorry about that..here are the images. 

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Thanks @Scott Theus that works :-)

Suggest an answer