How to setup a dashboard view with the number of all open tickets seperated by all existing projects

3 answers

One way to do this is to set up a simple "data view" that shows all projects etc. then click on the project column and "sort" the projects".  I hope that may help you out.

Can you explain how to setup this data view?

Create a dashboard, and add some gadgets is the short answer.

I would start with a filter that returns a list of all the issues that you're interested in ("project in (x, y, z)" for example), save it and then use it on the dashboard in

• A filter statistics gadget, grouped by project
  • A 2d statistics gadget, grouped by two things - project, status, assignee, versions, components and issue type are good choices to start with.

Hi Ralf, yes, a data view is perhaps one of the most popular dashboards I make and get requests for. Simply it is a dashboard the gives the most information. I open as many columns as I can, like: key, summary, priority, reporter, assignee, components, labels, etc. Almost any usable bit of information. Know most things is JIRA evolve with the user. After a few weeks, I ask or offer, is there anything you want to add or remove, I give options. Then on each column you can sort in alphabetical order, so you can show all the issues that "John" is the reporter, or how many issues involve the "label" "Fast Cars". etc.

so when you start your filter that you want to use for your dashboard, just incorporate as much info options as you want.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,861 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot