How to setup GCM Notification for JIRA?

Ravindra Singh September 19, 2017

I am new to JIRA plug-in development, I need to develop a plug-in/add-on which should able to push GCM notification to mobile devices of all the users in that project or issue.

For Example:

Whenever a issue created/updated, then send a notification on mobile like an email.

So my question is in which approach should I go to develop a plug-in for the Core?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

I would write a "listener" to do that.  A listener can listen for any event (events are mainly thrown by changes to issues), and then run code to do anything you want.

Ravindra Singh September 19, 2017

Yes, listener will do, but how can we push GCM notification?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

I don't know.  As you named "GCM notification", I assumed you know how to do that, and your question was about the approach for doing it in Jira.

I'd go rummage through the Google docs for code examples for FCM (Firebase has superseded GCM)

Suggest an answer