Degraded performance Customers may experience issues using Community search. Our team is investigating.
A couple of questions on this topic:
1. Is it possible to create multiple knowledge bases (i.e. confluence spaces) linked to one service desk, i.e. we have a app specific knowledge base, but also a more general covering common things for all our products. They are both relevant for the users of service desk, but to keep them clean I am thinking about keeping them separate in confluence.
2. We have multiple products and I was originally thinking about having one service desk for each product/project, but then I realized that it might be confusing for the users to have different portals and adresses to visit.
2a: What is the best practices here, should you create a service desk per product or one common desk for all products?
2b: Is it possible to link many service desks to the same knowledge base (i.e. confluence space) so that if we go for a desk for each product, we can still keep one knowledge base?
3. What spaces in confluence will be accessible for service desk customers without extra licensing costs
3a: Any space that is a knowledge base, all service desk customers can access all knowledge base spaces.
3b: Only the knowledge base that is linked to the service desk where the customer is registered
3c: Any space in confluence, i.e. not only knowledge bases related to the service desk.
1. Not yet. There's a couple of requests to do it, but at the moment, a Service Desk project can only have one knowledge base. Although you can have >1 project linked to a knowledge base.
2. It's not a bad thought, but if you are worried about your users having different portals, the right thing to do is a single one, with a field to gather the product
3. Knowledge base spaces can be accessed by any customer who can use a portal connected to it
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs