How to set the sprint when creating an issue?

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Ideally, I would like to set the sprint to which an issue should be assigned when creating the issue. Unfortunately, adding the Sprint field to a screen just gives you a plain textfield, in which -so it seems- a technical id can be filled out; a value that cannot be guessed by a regular user. So that does not seem to be an option.

Another option would be to have an issue be assigned to a certain (say "the last") sprint automatically when creating an issue. But that seems undoable as well.

Is any of this possible and if so, how?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hello,

Currently the Sprint Field uses numbers to refer to a Sprint name on GH. We do not advise users to make changes on the field as it is easy to mess things up on GH.

Although if you still want to do such changes you can use the following java script to get the Sprint ID:

The easiest way to get the Sprint ID is to copy and paste the following in to the address bar while you're on the Work mode of a Rapid Board

javascript:alert("Sprint ID is " + jQuery("SPAN[data-sprint-id]").attr("data-sprint-id")

What you need to do is the following:

1. check the Sprint ID on GH by using the JavaScript;
  2. Create the Issue and add the correct Sprint ID;

Your issues will be sent straight way to the Sprint.

I hope it helps you!

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

+1 for the inventive solution, but unfortunately not one that I'm going to be able to explain to the acceptance testers. :)

Accepted, because it is clear that it is not possible to do as one would expect.

Suggest an answer