How to set the issue can be created only when the version number is V1?

liusu June 22, 2022

In workflow conversion verifier settings, how can a field be restricted to a fixed specified value before conversion is performed? Otherwise, conversion cannot be performed? For example, you can create a bug only when the version number is V1.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @liusu ,

You can do it by adding Regular Expression Check validator for Create Step in your workflow.

i.e. From admin menu --> Issues --> Workflow
Edit the required workflow in diagram mode and click on Create trnasition

image.png
Add validator "Regular Expression Check", select your field in "Field to validate:" and add value of your version in "Regular expression:" text box. 

Publish the workflow.

Below screenshot is an example where it check if Severity is sev-1 or not. 

image.png

liusu June 22, 2022

Thank you very much for your answer, but there is no "regular expression check" in my verifier. What should I do? Is there any other verifier that can be replaced?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @liusu ,

Regular expression check is a in-built validator in Jira Cloud. 

1. Are you using Jira cloud instance or  Server/Data Centre ?

2. If Jira cloud, this validator is available only in company managed projects, not in team managed projects

3. In team managed project workflow, you have "Check an Issues field" rule, but its not present for Create transition. Available only from next transitions. 

liusu June 22, 2022

I used the server. Finally, I found that there was a verifier similar to the function you recommended. Thank you, rilwan Ahmed

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

@liusu 
You had selected cloud in your tags. So had to suggest cloud options. 
Glad that you could find a solution. Please accept the answer if it resolved your query.

Suggest an answer