How to set the default filter sharing option to 'My Organization' (Any logged-in user)

Raja Chava
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2020

In our team we create lot of filters. We want these filters to be accessible by anyone in our organization by default. We are tired of doing this manually for each filter, change the permission to 'My Organization'. If we miss this manual process and share the filter, we get lot of emails that the filter is not accessible.

How can we set the default filter permissions to 'My Organization(Any logged-in user)' so that all logged in users in my organization can see the filter and the owner does not have to set this manually for any new filter.

I looked at System->User Default Settings: Default sharing for filters and dashboards. But it only has Private and Public options. I want to set it to 'My Organization'.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Versluis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2021

Hi, I ran into this issue too. However you gave the solution yourself. 

@Raja Chava: "I looked at System->User Default Settings: Default sharing for filters and dashboards. But it only has Private and Public options. I want to set it to 'My Organization'."

I tried setting it to public and when i tested it with creating a new filter it actually was created with 'My Organization' level acces. I presume that 'My Organization' is therefore a synonym for 'public' within the Jira system regarding filter access levels.

Screenshot settings filter access levels.pngI hope this is of use to you.

Bar Abergel July 12, 2021

Thank you! 

it worked for me :) 

Like Sumner Webster likes this
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

i have this option set to "public" but my filters are still defaulting to priviate, it seems there is a user (profile or setting) preference, but I am unable to find it? any idea how i can change this on my user level?

Humberto Gomes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2022

I have the same issue. 

It's set to "public" but filters remain "private" when created.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events