How to set "ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions" property in jira-config.properties

Gabriel June 25, 2012

I'm hosting JIRA 4.4.4, currently with no properties file in the home directory. As I understand it, I need to create a properties file and store it in the home directory for this to work. What I'm trying to achieve is an operations bar with a limit of 5 buttons before the workflow button appears. I've copied and examined the jpm.xml file in my installation, there is no mention of "ops.bar".

Current documentation says to copy the value from jpm.xml and set it in the new properties file I would make. So, two questions:

1. If "ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions" isn't present in my current "jpm.xml", will setting this value in my properties file even work?

2. Also, if it will work, what is the exact syntax I should be using to set this value in the properties file (should there be xml tags or not)? eg. ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 5

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012
ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 5

should do it.

Gabriel June 25, 2012

Confirmed, it works exactly as entered above. Thanks!

DOT-COMmunications June 26, 2012

Would it be possible to provide an example of a file for JIRA 4.4.4 as when i try that line in a file called jira-config.properties it prevents JIRA from starting properly but displays in the properties list in the log files.

3 votes
Sadek Joma'a August 21, 2015

Actually the property you have mentioned (ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions) would determine the number of workflow transitions not the number of standard operations before the workflow buttons. You can set the number of each one like this in JIRA 6.x:

1- create an empty text file in you JIRA home directory.

2- change its name to jira-application.properties

3- add the following lines to it (and change the values to meet your needs)

# This is the size of the 'Actions' group in the 'Operations' bar:
#
ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-operations = 2
# This is the size of the 'Workflow' group in the 'Operations' bar:
#
ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 2

Notice that you can also change the priority of the operation in the standard operations and in workflow operations look for the To change the order of transition buttons section.

Suggest an answer