How to set multiple issue type screen schemes for a single project

How can I have 1 project with different issue types that each show a different set of fields when that particular issue type is created?

I'd like to associate more than one screen scheme with a project.

Going to Projects > Screens > Actions. It looks like only 1 scheme can be selected.

See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You are right that only one "Issue type screen scheme" can be associated with a project, but that is easy to confuse with a "Screen scheme". The "issue type screen scheme" is a collection of "screen schemes" - it says "in this project, use screen scheme 1 for issue types A, B and C, screen scheme 2 for D and E, and screen scheme 3 for any others".

So it does do what you need (and the other answers have the links you need)

Thanks so much. This was as clear as mud until I finally understood one Issue Type Screen Scheme per project.

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Dec 30, 2013

Hi Henrik

You can basically create Issue type screen scheme, allow you to associate to different issue type which will then map to a particular project, for more information on the relationship between field and screen, you may refer to the following documentation:

Ah, got it. Basically have to go to 'Configure Issue Type Screen Scheme' and associate multiple screen scheme (one per issue type). Then use that 1 Issue Type Screen Scheme and associate it with the project.

Thanks all for the quick response!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you