How to set custom field mandatory based on cascading custom field option?

In our case CascadingField is an cascading custom field that includes Option A and Option B, this Options has several Values. So we need CustomFieldRequired to be required, when CascadingField = OptionA.ValueB, while performing Close transition.

However we do not need this Close tranistion to be hidden. Therefore I didn't added the condition.

I have tried the simple script by adding cfValues['CascadingField '] == 'OptionA.ValueB' as a validation to the Close transition and additionally I have added "Field Required" Validator for CustomFieldRequired. But it doesn't work.

When I'm performing "Close" transition the CustomFieldRequired is required as CascadingField is set up to OptionA.ValueB, but when the CustomFieldA is filled, it still askes me to fill it in. Why ? How can I fix it ?

I also tried following script

(cfValues['CascadingField']?.get(null) == 'OptionA' && cfValues['CustomFieldRequired'] != "") and it doesn't works. I don't want to use Behaviour Plugin or addittional plugin as I'm sure that it can be done with Scrip Runner functions.

THanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Was solved with following Script

if (!issue.fixVersions && (cfValues['CascadingField']?.values()*.value[1].contains("OptionA")||(cfValues['CascadingField']?.values()*.value[1].contains("OptionB")))) return false else return true

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] maybe you could answer this question sinces Script Runner is your plugin smile

I have tried also following (cfValues['CascadingField ']?.get(null) == 'OptionA' && issue.fixVersions != null) (cfValues['CascadingField']*.value.contains("OptionA") && issue.fixVersions != null) and it didn't work

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

39 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you