How to set a custom fields value if a comment contains text

I'm trying to make a "sync" between our JIRA for development and our customers ticket system based on the status. 

e.g. the customer wants a new feature, he adds a ticket in his ticket system. This tickets has got a Name, an ID and a Status. In our JIRA there is a related ticket with custom fields like customer status and customer ticketID. now if the customer changes his status, an automated mail goes to our JIRA containing the text: Customer XY changed the Status of Ticket XXX from AAAAA to BBBBB. Now i need an workflow / something to read those email, search for the corresponding JIRA ticket (Ticket with customer ticketID = XXX) and set the value of the custom status field to BBBBB.

I tried to use some workflow addons but i cant figure out how to do this smile

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You'll need to write a new email handler that can do the parsing you need.

Personally, I'd not bother, I'd just get K15t's Backbone or iDalko's Exalate add-on and synchronise the projects.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

200 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you