How to set a custom field to certain value, and read only, depending on project role

essra masoud December 17, 2014

Hello,

I have a case where I want issues to be classified according to the "customer" who submits them.

I have a field "Customer" with all customers I want, but I don't want each customer to view the list of customers, I want the field to be read-only and set automatically to the customer who is creating the issue.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Essra,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

Hi,

An alternative solution would be to implement security levels for each customer. That is assuming that you not only want to prevent customers from seeing other customers, but you also want to prevent customers from seeing issues  from other customers. This is an out of the box solution.

If you want the solution that you describe, you could use the script runner plugin to set the customer field based on the reporter and then make that field read-only. I have such a script, but it is based on groups in Crowd so it may not fit your situation. In any case, I can provide it if you want it.

Regards,

Geert

Thank you... I used the script runner plugin to set the customer field based on the reporter... and it worked (to set issue security) and I made the field read-only... there is no need to make it be set automatically to a given value

0 votes

Hi,

Well, yes, that's what I want to do with "Customer" filed; to set issue security.

When the reporter is from our company, he/she selects the customer we want to create issue for, and the security level is automatically chosen according to the customer field.

but I don't know what I should do when the reporter is one of the customers.

If you think your script might help, and it is easy to modify based on our needs, please provide it.

Thank you,

Suggest an answer