How to set 'Parent Link' field when creating issue using direct HTML link in Jira Server

Brian LeTourneau June 17, 2021

I'm using the feature and functionality found on this page: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-issues-using-direct-html-links-in-jira-server-159474.html

I have a custom field called Action Links that displays several HTML links that do various things like create sub-tasks or different issue types.

I can not figure out how to get Parent Link to set on the new issue being created however.  I've used the view source code trick to find out that my "Parent Link" field is customfield_12304.

This is the code I'm using.  

sb <<= ' | <a href = "https://jira1.corp.fidar.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=16813&issuetype=12100&customfield_13744=' + issueKey + '&customfield_12304=' + issueKey +'" target=_blank>Create MSF Feature</a>' //Create MSF Feature

Here are the results:

parentlinknotsetting.png

My suspicion is that I have my syntax wrong when trying to include two custom fields that both share the same value.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Your 2 fields look a bit different in their styling. Are they the same custom field type?

Perhaps the second one has a specific format it needs.

RonaldWilliams August 1, 2023

I have exactly this same problem. I need to know how to specify the field for parent link (customfield_11105 for me). It appears to need both the key value and the title value (as these both appear in the drop down when you type and the drop down list appears). I want to be able to pass the default parameter such as &customfield_11105=KEY-12345. currently it acts as described. No error message, but the field is showing as blank.  If I put an invalid key value it does show an error.

Suggest an answer