How to set Jira Cloud to Default to Dashboard Rather than Projects

Joel Lepp December 4, 2018

It appears that Jira Cloud has recently changed to now have the default page be Projects rather than Dashboard. Even the Jira Logo takes you to Projects rather than Dashboard now.

Big inconvenience. Our users operate from their dashboard and to have to navigate to it every time you are done working with a ticket is a big waste of time.

I've tried to find out how I could set the default, but there doesn't appear to be an option to do that.

I have gone in the Administration side of Jira and went into:
Site Settings > Product Access > User Defaults

There is a field to set the default homepage. But... there is only one option: "Jira"

Am I missing something or is this what we're stuck with for now?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2018

Hi Joel,

This is a feature rolled out by Atlassian in an attempt to improve the navigation experience within JIRA.

In order to remove this feature from your instance, I've opened a ticket on your behalf with our support, since we will need to confirm the instance URL.

You will receive an email and soon a support engineer will contact you.

Regards,
Angélica

Nicole McClain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2019

Hello, 

I am also interested in changing our Default Dashboard to User Group Specific Dashboards, is that possible? In other words, I have 7 distinct Workstream Teams. When a team member logs into the system they should land on the dashboard for their assigned Workstream Team. 

Like Brian Hill likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hi Nicole,

We had a feature request suggesting this, but it was closed as "Won't do":
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-33816

Please, feel free to raise a new feature request on jira.atlassian.com on the project JRACLOUD adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer