How to send auto email notification based on priority level

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Hi All,

How to enable auto email notification functionality based on priority level associating with issue type.

Means,

If an issue is raised with "defect" issue type, then an inactive issue notification mail has to generate if sevirity one issue is not got updated within 1hr. If issue with sevirity two, then it should be 2 hr like....

Is this possible in jira ??

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012
Oit of the box it is not possible but you could easily write a service like this here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation This would require that you transition your issue automatically after 1 or 2 hours of inactivity. You could write two services, one selecting just issues with low and the other service selects issues with high severity
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2012
The transition that is automatically triggered by the service could raise a custom event, escalation event, which could be used in the notification scheme to notify a dedicated user or group
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2012

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your suggestion.

As I'm new to Jelly script, please sugegst me is following options are possible with modifying "Make an issue inactive" jelly script?

1. Auto email notification only applicable to particular issue type (means, issues associated to "defect" issue type is only applicable)

2. No need to do any transition, only email notification is enough.

3. Based on severity, can I set the timings of email notification? (means, for sev-1 issues, 1hr and for sev-2, 2hr like )

If possbile please provide me a valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2012
1.yes, you can restrict the auto transition to issues of type defect. Just Create the filter to include only the issues of your project in open state and of type defect. And conditions are easy to write in JQL 2. You can do a transition that leads back into the same state. To avoid your Transition is triggered multiple times you could add a custom field flag which is set in the transition to 1. The default of this customvfield is 0. The filter would need to be defined that it selects only issues where this custom field flag has value 0 . That way you make sure the transition is only executed once. Instead of a flag you might also consider to assign the issue to a defined assignee. If you go that way your filter should select only issues not yet assigned to that assignee. 3. As i said you could create two filters, one which selects just issues with sev-1 issues and last update before one hour, the other filter only selects just filters with sev-2 issues and last update before 2 hours. In the svice just duplicate the loop for the other filter
0 votes
Alison Fukumoto January 30, 2014

Is there an update to this question in which this can be done in JIRA 6?

Suggest an answer