How to send an email notification when user updates an issue in a particular transition

Pooja chintakunta February 4, 2020

How can i receive a notification when an issue is updated in a particular transition or a status. 

Eg: My workflow is Start --> Approve --> Inprogress --> Done

I would like to receive a notification when any field is updated or any issues are linked to that issue when in Inprogress state. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

The easiest way to get notifications for particular transition is to use a post function on that post function. You may need an add-on to accomplish this. 

For the "receive a notification when any field is updated or any issues are linked to that issue when in Inprogress state", this lends to a combination of the project notification scheme and a listener.

Pooja chintakunta February 4, 2020

Would you mind giving step by step guidance to achieve this ? 

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

2 questions:

1. are you a system admin? You will need to be an admin to be able to add post functions and listeners, as well as adjusting the notification scheme 
  2. do you have an add-on that will provide the workflow post function email functionality?
Like Vibhay_Chawla likes this
Vibhay_Chawla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2020

Hi @Stephen Crandell , I have a similar scenario to achieve and I am the system admin as well as I have the 'Automation for Jira' add on installed.
Scenario:

We have 2 projects created, project A as service desk and project B for development.

What I want to achieve is that when a ticket in service desk project is linked to a bug/epic in-development project, an email should be sent to the Reporter every time the status changes for the linked bug/epic in the development project.

Like from Selected for development > In QA > Ready for deployment etc. So, the reporter in ServiceDesk gets to know the progress from the developers' side

Suggest an answer