How to send a notification based on the custom field Issue Event

Jeevan Kumar M J August 30, 2018

Hi,

Is it possible if I need to trigger a mail Notification when only one custom field is updated i.e if I have a radio button(YES and NO) and If i select YES, i need a mail to be triggered, where as for NO, no action is required.

I have enabled Issue Updated Notification, but this notification will be sent for all the Updates which happens in an Issue.

Can anyone of you please suggest me here with the solution. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2018

Hello @Jeevan Kumar M J

I generally use Script listerner from the script runner plugin to listen for field updates and then within the listener you can check if the field updated is radioButton or not and what's it's value. 

There is a built-in listener called - "Send a custom email", you can use that and in the condition & configuration of that listener you can use the event object to check if the radio button has been updated to value Yes and if that's the case then the listener will send the mail contained in the email template

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2018
Jeevan Kumar M J September 6, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra, Thank you very much for the above suggestions. I was able to create a custom notification under "Script Listener".

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

Glad to know that @Jeevan Kumar M J , could you please accept/upvote answer so that others are also helped.

Jeevan Kumar M J September 7, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra, i need one more help here.

I need a Custom Email Listener to display custom field value in the mail body. In Email this issue plugin i use "$!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_XXXX')" to fetch values.

But in Listener I am not able to do the same. Can you please help here

Suggest an answer