How to send a Jira invite to google group

seethamraju November 14, 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to send a invite to google group, if possible please let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello @seethamraju

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to invite all users from a specific google group to your JIRA Site. Is it correct?

You can simply copy your invite URL to the google group. These would be the steps:

- Logged as a site-admin In your JIRA, Navigate to User management > Site Access

- Flag the option "Allow anybody to share a link to Jira Software" and copy the link displayed

- Paste it in the google group

P.S: All the users with that link will be able to access your JIRA site. That being said, if any user of that google group provides that link to any other user out of that group, they will also be able to access your site.

If this is not an option for you due to security reasons, you can copy the email addresses of the users added to that group and manually invite them to your JIRA by pasting their e-mail addresses separated by a comma in the invite:

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 17.15.43.png

For more details about the options provided, please check the documentation below:

Specify how users get site access 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer