How to see the total number of tickets in filter JQL when it is over 1000+ (cloud)

Suzie Bedo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2023

we are doing migration from server to cloud. i wanted to compare the number of tickets but the cloud is not showing the total number of tickets like the server does:

server.png

It just says 1000+ in cloud.

I tried to use the filter counts but it does not allow me to select the project type and it does not count beyond 9999+.

Why the cloud cannot do what the server could?  

But regardless, how to check this, please? or is there anything else that can be used to run reports before and after migration?

We will also need to check whether the partner responsible for migration will update the number of changes that between the migration and the switch over occurred.  

thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2023

Hello Team, 

If you just want to confirm and check exact number of 1000+ issues, there is a workaround. After running the JQL query, just tap on the 'Export' icon on top right side and select
'Print List' option. It will show the full list of the issues with total number of issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Suzie Bedo,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can do it by creating an automation that is using the scheduled trigger, and when you validate the JQL it will show you the total number, similar to this:

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 10.42.17 AM.png 

Suzie Bedo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2023

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg where do I put this JQL in as search is obviously not the right place ;) 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

You have to create a new scheduled automation (but you do not have to save it), the JQL is part of the schedule. Just click the checkbox for "Run a JQL search..." and you will see the where you can enter your JQL. Then just click validate query and you will get the total number of issues found.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 8.29.53 AM.png

Louise Baker February 20, 2023

This is the solution?!?!?!?! To go into automation, run your filter there, just to see the actual number?!

Like # people like this
Soporte Inlogiq June 16, 2023

Yep, sounds crazy. I believe you can open your issue list in excel and see the results. 

Suggest an answer