It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to see task is unblocked?

Hello,
I have the next requirements:
1. I want to see that a task is blocked when I open it. I don't want to scroll to the links section for it.
2. I want to make a filter for blocked issues.
3. If the task is unblocked — all linked blockers are closed, I want to see it when I open task(I still don't want to scroll to the links section for it). And I want to make a filter for them.

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve it? I think about creating new status `Blocked`, but how to automatically change it depends on linked issues statuses?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Rodion Golovushkin ,

Do you want to filter the query results by Link Type?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-fields-reference-765593716.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-issuelinktypeIssuelinktype

Examples:

• issueLinkType = "is blocked by"
  • issueLinkType != "is blocked by"
0 votes
Warren Community Leader Nov 05, 2019

Hi @Rodion Golovushkin 

As an extra to what Ollie has given, the "flag" functionality is a very visual way of knowing that a task is blocked. From the board, right click on a task and select Flag. This is a toggle which changes the background colour of the card i.e. visual.

The downside of using a Flag for your requirements is that it has no knowledge of links between tasks, it is purely a visual marker.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

980 views 11 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you