How to see, analyse and/or export Test-Run-Data

Chris Stamm November 3, 2020

Scenario: analyse Test-Run-Data

Given some Testcases are in some Testexecutions

and some Testruns (the test in the execution) are assigned to some "Testexecutors" (assidnee ot a Testrun)

and the Testcase assignee is different then the Testexecutor (assignee of "Testrun")

then I would like to knwo which Testruns are still not yet done grouped by testexecutors

and I would like to see / export further attributes of that constellation

How can I do this?

There are other scenarios that concern e.g. select all open/failed/blocked testruns of a testexecutor and so on

Jira v8.5.7

XRAY V4.1.2

2 answers

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Chris Stamm 

The best approach to obtain that information is using the Document Generator. This will give the possibility to export almost any information related to the Xray. in the form of a template, you'll be able to create a code that exports the information you need.

I will leave the documentation here so that you can take a look.

Best Regards, 

Sérgio

____

Solution Architect and Testing Advocate @Xray

Personal blog on testing, Agile, and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2020

@Chris Stamm

If you are not against using Excel for Xray test data analysis, you can give Better Excel Exporter a try. The app is integrated with Xray and comes with templates for Xray as well as pre-built reports to analyze your test run data.

See some Xray Excel report samples here. If you think you need further customization, our technical support team is ready to discuss your requirements and give you some hands-on advice as well.

jira-xray-test-run-report.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a supported and paid app, and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Chris Stamm November 4, 2020

Thanks looks great but we are not able to spend more money. 

Suggest an answer