How to search if Component has more than one value in it?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

We use Component as team value. SO a ticket assigned to component A belongs to Team A. Problem is sometimes people assign more than one component to a ticket and that ticket is basically not owned by anyone. 

I need to know if a ticket has more than one component value.

How do I query "component is ONLY value-x". Or component has only one value in it? 

thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi @Nari Man

As far as I know, using Scriptrunner JQL won't give you this query either - it has more powerful component searches but would still required the "not in" addition to remove those with more than just one component.

Suggested approach is to create a custom scripted field for count of components - that way you can search for the required component in issues with a component count of only 1.

I found details on this thread about creating the scripted field - and see this Confluence page from the creator of ScriptRunner - there is a discussion on the issue in the comments section, right at the top :)

Ste

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

thank you. 

Like Dyonata Laitener Ramos likes this
2 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

you can use following query 

component ="your required component"and component not in ("Add all those componenets which you want to exclude")

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Yes that is what I conveyed above but that really isn’t scalable unless the components are few and new ones are rarely if ever added.

Like Thorben Röder likes this
Thorben Röder September 12, 2022

That you this works fine for me without any addons!

1 vote
Vladimir June 24, 2020

I would like to know why is not better solution to create custom jql function instead of creating custom scripted field for count of components?

I think the work will be nearly the same and you do not need new field and the function can be possible to use for any multivalue field?

But would someone give her an example for script runner?

0 votes
Sunil Padiyar December 6, 2021

Since we don't have an easier, direct solution - what I tried instead is to take an export (csv) with the component field being in the search result. And then use excel do the work! When we export it puts individual components in separate columns, so its a lot easier to figure out how many have only 1 or 2 or more.. pretty useful when the results of the query is of large number.

0 votes
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

Thank you. I have 10 components. So I guess it is not undoable. 

I wish there was an easier way. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2019

you will need an addon for this unfortunately. unless of course you wanted to hard code the query which is unwieldy in most cases.

example...

component = A and component not in (b,c,d,e,f,...)

component = B and componente not in (a,c,d,e,f....)

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2019

Which Add-on?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2019

i would look at scriptrunner or power scripts there may be others.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2019

We have scriptrunner. I am looking for specific help on what query will give me the results. 

Suggest an answer