How to search for feature id using jql in rest api?

Vinay P V July 30, 2012

I'm trying to write a java interface for rest api's of jira, where I want to have a where clause which contains feature id as input. But when I look at that field, it is a custom defined field.

When I pass the id of this field in where clause, I end up getting this error :

{"errorMessages":["Field 'customfield_104' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."],"errors":{}}

The field do exist, so I guess the permission is the issue. How would I solve this problem?
I'm gracefully able to login into the JIRA system, without any authentication error.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2012

Actually, I very much doubt that field exists. Customfield tags are usually 5 digits long and start at 10000. Have another look in your installation, I think you'll find it's customfield_10004 or customfield_10400 !

Vinay P V July 30, 2012

that was just an example. actual one is 10003. and i have checked the obtained json for other api. it does exist !!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2012

mmm. Check the field exists in the project/issue-type, and that the user that you are logging in as can see it too.

Vinay P V July 30, 2012

checked that.. it does exists.. and user is able to see, if the issue is been accessed using jira website.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2012

Can your REST see any other custom fields?

Vinay P V July 30, 2012

nope. it doesnt. the same error comes for other fields as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2012

Good, so it's a general error and not a field-specific one. Next question is if your REST can see system fields? Like *summary* for example?

Vinay P V July 30, 2012

if im not using custom field in query , they can be seen in output

Suggest an answer