How to search based on initial values of a custom field?

First Last December 6, 2022

I would like to know if we can search based on an initial value of a custom field?

For ex. there is a custom field called Severity. I would like to search for all the issues that were raised at Severity 1 and later got downgraded to Severity 2 or 3.

I know "changed to" can be used for default fields, but the same does not work for custom fields.

2 answers

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2022

Hi @First Last 

For custom fields, you can try to find changes with Issue History for Jira app. My team has developed it as a diary for all past activities. It's not like searching with JQL, but you can include any custom field into the grid and see if there were any changes for it for any date range.

columns menu issue history.png

There is a 30-day free trial, so at least, you can check if it can help.

First Last December 9, 2022

Hello Yuliia,

There are restrictions in place that does not allow me to try this trial! Thanks anyways for providing info.

0 votes
Adrien Low _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Hello @First Last ,

Perhaps you can consider using the WAS operator:-

• severity WAS "Severity 1"

With that said, this operator also returns Jira issues which currently have the value and you may need to filter those out.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

First Last December 8, 2022

Hello Adrien,

It did not help! Severity being a custom field, history search does not seem to be supported. Here is the error I received:

"History searches do not support the 'Severity' field."

Suggest an answer