How to search Jira history of previous employees that is no longer in the company

Sami Ullah June 14, 2022

Hi Team, 
My colleague left the company almost 1 month ago and now we want to trace all the tickets on which he had done work.How i can find all history of all the tickets.

2 answers

4 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Sami Ullah 

You can try the JQL search, or check Issue History for Jira app. For me, it's simpler as I'm not good with JQL.

It's a journal of all users' activities. You can filter by specific assignee and choose a date range if needed. Here is how it looks.

assignee activity in jira.png

The add-on is developed by my team. There is a 30-days free trial, so you can check if it's good for your case.

2 votes
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Sami Ullah 

To find those issues you can use JQL query - Filters -> Advanced issue search -> Switch to JQL

The proper query will depends on how you define "done work". For example you can use:

• assignee = colleague_username_or_id - to find issues that are still assigned to him
  • reporter = colleague_username_or_id - to find issues that he reported
  • status CHANGED BY colleague_username_or_id - to find issues that your colleague has transited to another status
  • worklogauthor = colleague_username_or_id - to find issues on which your colleague had log work
  • I am not really sure if without 3rd party addons you can find issues commented by this user. There is "commentedBy = colleague_username_or_id" JQL but it doesn't seem to work properly. 

You can of course combine them into single query like:

assignee = colleague_username_or_id OR reporter = colleague_username_or_id OR status CHANGED BY colleague_username_or_id OR worklogauthor = colleague_username_or_id

Regards,

Piotr

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

If you've got the Jira toolkit (installed by default in Cloud), you could add its "participants" field and use that in a search.  The field will contain a list of people who are the reporter, the assignee or who have ever commented on the issue.

So you could take @Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_ 's JQL (which explains exactly what you are looking for and why) down to "Participant = <user> or status changed by user or worklogautor = <user>", which also dodges the commentedBy problem.

Like Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events