How to search All epics with issues assigned to a specific users

Mohsin Khan April 28, 2022

I have 5 users to whom some issues are assigned. I am looking for a query that returns all issues assigned to them PLUS the epics of those issues (whether epics are assigned to them or not). 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022

Hi, Mohsin!

I don't believe this is doable without plugins (others may correct me later :) ).

Do you have either ScriptRunner or another plugins to enhance your JQL?

I recall on ScriptRunner you could do:

issueFunction in epicsOf("assignee in (User1,User2)") or assignee in (User1,User2)

Other plugins may have a different function to achieve the same.

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

I don't believe you need a plug in for this.

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Mohsin Khan April 28, 2022

Hello @Filipi Lima , I don't think I have any plugins. However this query is working perfectly for my purpose. Thanks ever so much

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022

You're welcome, Mohsin!

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

I do believe that the ScriptRunner plugin is needed to use the issueFunction method. What I was referring to was my answer below. But if this is working for you, great!

Like # people like this
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2022

Thank you for clarifying, Garrett!

1 vote
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

You should be able to use a simple "in" statement for assignee, and then in your results be sure to show the Epic Link as a column.

screenshot.png

Suggest an answer